Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... RedBLACKgOLd: Olay Total effects 7 in 1 Day cream-Review

Saturday 1 March 2014

Olay Total effects 7 in 1 Day cream-Review

This product created such a huge name when it hit the market and the television and which had famous celebrities like Kajol and Madhuri Dixit advertising for it. The advertisements showed it can cure wrinkles and fine lines and gives instant glow upon regular usage and this was enough for me to give this a try though I do not have any wrinkles :P. I was particularly interested in this Olay product coming to India.. When I was young we used to get Olay lotions sent to us from of our relatives abroad.... It was called Oil of Olay and then there was Oil of Ulay which was similar. It was a light pink bottle with a black cap. ohh loved the smell of Oil of Olay, makes me nostalgic!:-)


What it claims: Fights 7 signs of ageing and protects against UVA/UVB rays with a proven anti rich SPF 15 anti ageing complex for younger looking protected skin.
Total Effects is the result of years of state-of-the-art anti-ageing research. It has been specially formulated to help fight 7 signs of ageing. Total Effects UV is fortified with SPF 15 that prevents your skin from the harmful ageing effects of UVA and UVB rays. This is suited especially for a hectic lifestyle that requires you to spend time outdoors in the sun.
Science behind Olay Total Effects: Olay Total Effects provides a breadth of benefits to deliver the beautiful younger looking skin women want and the healthy skin they need. The key to this is a combination of two ingredients VitaNiacin and Anti-Oxidants, which together work to fight 7 signs of ageing and give younger looking skin.

Directions: Apply liberally to cleansed face and neck twice a day.

Ingredients List: I didn't find any ingredients list on the bottle and I had thrown of the package it came in :-(



This is the ingredient list I found online.

Niacinamide (improves tone and texture); glycerin, isohexadecane, dimethicone (moisturizes); vitamins E and B5 (antioxidants)
 
7 Signs of ageing:
1. Fine lines and wrinkles: Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Uneven Tone: Balances out and even skin tone.
3. Age Spots: Reduces appearances of age spots
4. Uneven Texture: Smoothes and even out skin texture.
5. Dryness: Provides nourishing moisturization.
6. Dullness: gives skin a healthy radiance 
7. Pores: Minimizes the appearance of pores


My Review: The cream comes in a small cylinder like bottle with a transparent cap. I wish the bottle was see through as well. The bottle is cream in color with a slight gold shimmer on it and with a black pump cap and a stopper (shown above) which is really useful as it avoids spillage. It comes in two different sizes 50g and 20g. It comes with a minimum SPF of 15. The moisturizer is slightly thick for me and so I use just one squirt and it dissolves into my skin easily. This product lasts 3 months for me when I use it twice a day. 



Similar to the Olay Total effects 7 in 1 foaming Cleanser (review here), I also buy this product back to back. I bought this as a pack. This cream doesn't break out my skin and gives a nice glow on usage and also minimizes my pores. Love this product. I also apply it as base for my make up.


How I use it: I first cleanse my face using the Olay Total effects 7 in 1 foaming Cleanser after which I moisturize using Olay Total effects 7 in 1 Day cream. I just press the pump just once and apply it as dots all around my face and neck and massage it upward circular motion and I am good to go.
Look at my dirty cap!BOO!!:-(
Pros:
1. Doesn't break out my skin
2. Does reduce fine lines 
3. Balances and evens out skin tone. 
4. Smoothes and evens out skin texture.
5. Provided nice moisturisation
6. Gives a nice glow on regular usage 
7. Minimizes my pores.
8. Use it a base for make up.
9. Inexpensive: Price INR749 for 50g.. really awesome for all the work it does.

Cons:
1. The transparent cap tends to get dirty.
2. Wish the bottle was transparent.

Rating: 4.75/5
Will you buy this product: No, I already have one in stock :-)

Have you tried this product? Please leave your comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment